Gynecomastia in Karachi, Pakistan
Gynecomastia in Karachi, or male breast enlargement, is a very common and often embarrassing condition among men. A number of medical factors can contribute to gynecomastia and in some cases, chest liposuction/liposculpture is the only solution to remove excessive fat in the chest area and restore confidence in men who are affected.
Due to the invasive nature and possible risks involved in liposculpture surgery, Dr. Syed Arif Hussain at his clinic Aesthetic Shapes in Karachi, Pakistan, makes it a priority to assess all his patients and provides free consultation to individuals interested in the procedure.
True Gynecomastia!!! Under Freezing Only
Gynecomastia in Pakistan is a social taboo effecting men. Main causes can be physiological, pathological, drug induced and obesity. By true Gynecomastia we mean it has a hard glandular tissue beneath nipples areola complex which never goes via any exercise or diet. Due to the constant pressure of the glandular tissue the size of the areola is stretched out and looks ugly, it becomes quite apparent when a person wears a shirt or any tight garments. I do very latest and fast recovery procedure at my clinic in Karachi , Pakistan under freezing only. By freezing I mean we freeze the area with the drugs and we perform the procedure, while the patient is still awake. Patient can see result themselves and leave clinic after that. He can even drive his car back home if lives nearby. He can resume his daily routine the same day and any gym or exercise better after weeks’ time. Minimal follow up required. By this latest minimal procedure a person can have a masculine chest in just 3hrs.
What Creates A Big Chest?
- During puberty, extra fat tissue usually develops in the breast area of men
- This can leave some people with a larger chest area before they even had a chance to work out, or remove the fat from the chest
- This is part of the reason that men are getting chest liposuction done, to remove the excess fat that was not even their fault
- As much as 10% of men have abnormally large breasts, due to a condition from puberty or from other reasons
- Different disorders, not enough testosterone, medication side effects, drinking, steroid use, and numerous other reasons can cause the breasts in men to increase.
Am I A Good Candidate For Gynecomastia Treatment?
- The best candidates for liposuction have firm, elastic skin with pockets of excess fat in certain areas
- To be a good candidate for liposuction, you must have realistic expectations about what the procedure can do for you
- It’s important to understand that gynecomastia can enhance your looks and self-confidence, but it won’t necessarily change your looks to match your ideal
- You should be physically healthy, psychologically stable
- Your age, though it’s not a major concern; however, aged patients may have diminished skin elasticity and may not attain the same results as compare to younger patient with tighter skin.
- Liposuction carries greater risk for individuals with medical problems such as diabetes, significant heart or lung disease, poor blood circulation, or those who have recently had surgery near the area to be contoured.
What Is The Procedure Like?
- Liposculpture is performed at our clinic in Karachi, Pakistan, under local anesthesia – all patients remain awake and alert during the entire procedure
- A small incision of around 4mm is made and all the fatty tissue is taken away via Safe-Lipo procedure.
- If the glandular tissue is taken out than there are two approaches depending upon the grade of Gynecomastia:
- In one procedure a long port is inserted which removes all the hard tissue and takes it out.
- In the other approach we give a small incision at skin and areola junction at 3 and 9 o’clock position and then we extract the glandular tissue.
- By this procedure one can achieve very promising and good result without any obvious scar, even many times it is very hard to find the scar.
- A person can leave home in 3 to 4 hrs and can resume his normal duties the very next day.
- A compression is applied for 6 weeks and heavy exercise is allowed in 4 weeks.
Will I Have Any Scars Or Sagging Skin?
- The male breast reduction procedure leaves only one or two small puncture sites on each side of the chest, each only about 2mm wide
- Scarring does not usually occur, however, any resulting scars will normally fade into the natural color of the skin
- Hairy-chested men will not notice any scars
- Men under the age of 60 with good skin tone will not notice any sagging skin. Older men or men who have lost a considerable amount of weight may still experience sagging or lax skin.
Possible Risks Involved In Gynecomastia Treatment
- Post-operative complications such as infection and blood clots are rare, but can occur
- Infection can be treated with drainage and antibiotics, but will prolong your hospital stay
- You can minimize the risk of blood clots by moving around as soon after the surgery as possible
- Poor healing, which results in conspicuous scars, may necessitate a second operation
- Smokers should be advised to stop, as smoking may increase the risk of complications and delay healing
- Often there is temporary loss of sensation, which may last up to a year after surgery.
Preparing For Your Gynecomastia Surgery in Pakistan
Specific instructions on how to prepare for gynecomastia surgery will be given by surgeon such as:
- Guidelines on eating, drinking, smoking, and taking or avoiding certain medications
- If you suffer from cold or ant kind of skin infection, then your surgery may be postponed
- If you smoke, plan to quit at least two weeks before your surgery and not to resume for at least two weeks after your surgery
- Avoid overexposure to the sun before surgery and do not go on a stringent diet, as both can inhibit your ability to heal
- You are may be asked to have blood drawn ahead of time in case it is needed during surgery
- Whether your surgery is done on an outpatient or inpatient basis, you should arrange for someone to drive you home after your surgery.
Types Of Anesthesia For Gynecomastia Surgery in Pakistan
Various types of anesthesia can be used for liposuction procedures
- Gynecomastia Surgery is performed under local anesthesia along with intravenous sedation for small amount of fat and limited body areas.
- General anesthesia is recommended when large volume of fat is to be removed
The time required to perform gynecomastia may vary considerably, depending on the:
- Size of the body areas
- Amount of body fat being removed
- Type of anesthesia & the technique used
- Liposuction will be used as a procedure for surgery, in which localized deposits of fat are removed to re-contour one or more areas of the body
- Through a tiny incision, a narrow tube or cannula is inserted and used to vacuum the fat layer that lies deep beneath the skin
- The cannula is pushed then pulled through the body fat layer, breaking up the fat cells and suctioning them out.
After Your Surgery
After gynecomastia surgery, you will likely experience:
- Some fluid drainage from the incisions for which a small drainage tube will be inserted beneath the skin for few of days to prevent fluid drainage
- To reduce swelling and to help your skin to adjust to new contours, patient may be fitted with a snug elastic garment to wear over the treated body part for a couple of weeks
- Antibiotics will be prescribed to you to prevent infection
- Don’t expect to look or feel great right after surgery
- Even though the latest techniques are capable to reduce some post-operative discomforts, but you may still experience some pain, burning, swelling, bleeding & temporary numbness
- you may feel some pain, inflexibility and tender for a few days
- Feeling a bit nervous or sad in the days or weeks following surgery is completely normal
Getting Back To Normal
- Your doctor will tell you to start walking around as soon as possible to reduce swelling and to help prevent blood clots from forming in your legs.
- You will begin to feel better after about 1 to 2 week time period and most probably be back at work within a few days after your surgery.
- The stitches will be dissolve on automatically within the first 7 to 10 days time period.
- Activity that is more strenuous should be avoided for about a month as your body continues to heal.
- Although most of the bruising and swelling usually disappears within three weeks, some swelling may remain for six months or more.
- Your doctor will schedule follow-up visits to monitor your progress and to see if any additional procedures are needed.
- If you have any unusual symptoms between visits – for example, heavy bleeding or a sudden increase in pain – or any questions about what you can and can’t do, call your doctor and he will instruct you on skin care products that can help make your scars less visible.
Your New Look
- You will see a noticeable difference in the shape of your body quite soon after surgery.
- However, improvement will become even more apparent after about four to six weeks, when most of the swelling has subsided.
- After about three months, any persistent mild swelling usually disappears and the final contour will be visible.
- If your expectations are realistic, you will probably be very pleased with the results of your surgery.
- You may find that you are more comfortable in a wide variety of clothes and more at ease with your body.
- By eating a healthy diet and getting regular exercise, you can help to maintain your new shape.
Recovery Time In Gynecomastia
- You will be returning home that same day and you should plan on being back to normal in around 2 months.
- You will be able to do normal everyday activities before then, but you will experience some swelling, and discomfort for a few weeks after the procedure.
- Recovery time often does depend on the individual, and the steps they take to ensure the shortest possible recovery time.
- Wearing post-surgical liposuction garments to help with swellings, as well as not rushing back into the daily grind to fast will make your recovery time much faster.
- Do remember that all liposuction procedures are not a joke and are a serious procedure, so take your time coming back and you will not jeopardize the results of your procedure.
Cost Of The Gynecomastia Surgery in Karachi, Pakistan
The cost of the procedure varies and the final cost can only be advised after full examination by Dr. Syed Arif Hussain. You can contact him at +92 321 2424812 for a phone consultation or have a Free Skype call session on his Skype ID: arifhussain72. He can help reshape your body and restore your confidence.If you are embarrassed of your large breasts, we at Aesthetic Shapes Karachi, Pakistan, can help you embrace your appearance again. Your new body is only a phone call away.
Disclaimer: Individual results may vary