Tummy Tuck in Karachi, Pakistan
Everyone adores to have toned and perfect abs. The loose piece of adipose tissue hanging on the tummy gives a very unpleasant appearance.The reason for sagging and protruding tummy can be many; multiple pregnancies, significant weight loss or simple aging. Hernia removal too can cause sagging skin though the genetic origin can also not be ruled out. Whatever the reasons might be, now Dr. Syed Arif Hussain the most experienced and qualified surgeon is providing you Abdominoplasty/Tummy Tuck Treatment, with advance procedure and technique, at his clinic Aesthetic Shapes, in Karachi Pakistan.
Are You a Good Candidate for Abdominoplasty?
You may be an ideal candidate for an abdominoplasty procedure if:
- Fat in your tummy area is unresponsive to healthy diet and exercise routine
- The skin on your abdomen is loose and sagging.
- Your abdomen is bulging because of laxity or separated abdominal muscles.
- You have stretch marks on your tummy.
Benefits of Tummy Tuck
The vast majority of patients who undergo an abdominoplasty procedure are thrilled with their results. Most patients find that tummy tuck procedure benefits in so many ways that it dramatically outweighs the risks. Some of them include:
- It makes your tummy flattened, firmer and toned.
- It makes your waist appear tighter and slimmer.
- It removes the stretch marks from your abdomen.
- It improves entire contours of your body.
- It gives you a more toned midsection and improved posture as a result of the tightening of abdominal muscles.
- The results of tummy tuck surgery are longer lasting.
- It boosts your self-esteem. Many patients enjoy a new sense of self-confidence and a wider range of activities and wardrobe options than ever before.
What Is a Tummy Tuck?
- During a tummy tuck procedure, the surgeon manually tightens the muscles of the abdominal wall and sutures them into place.
- Next stage is to remove any excess skin from the patient’s abdomen to create a firmer and flatter midsection.
- The abdominoplasty procedure can be customized to each patient’s specific goals and may include liposuction, breast augmentation, or other body lift procedures.
Types of Tummy Tuck Surgery
- Many patients choose to undergo a traditional tummy tuck, while patients who have only a slightly protruding abdomen may opt for a less aggressive mini tummy tuck.
- Patients who desire more dramatic changes, or the removal of large amounts of excess skin and fat, will need to undergo an extended or circumferential tummy tuck.
- Although not as effective as tummy tuck, some other alternative are available which include:
- Liposuction – can be used as alternative of tummy tuck surgery if patient’s problem is not the sagging skin but instead extra fatty tissues in the abdomen area. It removes the excess fat in the tummy area and improves the contours of tummy leaving minimal scars.
- Skin creams, beauty treatments and diet supplements – some of these may help to reduce areas of fat and cellulite, but there is little scientific proof that they work.
- Liposuction –Laser skin tightening – is suitable for those patients who experience mild sagginess in abdominal area.
During your pre-op visit, your plastic surgeon will guide you all about the important factors associated with the surgery like which techniques can be suitable for you and what you can expect from the surgery. He will also give you some pre-surgical instructions. Some of them are:
- Get lab tests done.
- Follow healthy diet regimen.
The Tummy Tuck Procedure
The steps for the surgery are:
- Usually, tummy tuck surgery is performed under general anesthesia but for endoscopic tummy tuck, local anesthesia can also be considered as an option.
- Then the surgeon will make incisions in the appropriate sites. Their length and site varies according to the type of surgery. They are made:
-Horizontally between belly button and pubic hairline and around the navel for full or traditional tummy tuck.
-Horizontally between navel and pubic hairline only for mini tummy tuck.
-Few small incisions are made in or around the belly button and along the pubic line for endoscopic tummy tuck.
- Then surgeon will then make the required alterations for improving the appearance of tummy. They include:
-Removal of excess skin and fat and tightening of abdominal muscles in full tummy tuck
-Removal of excess skin and fat in lower abdomen and tightening of abdominal muscles in mini tummy tuck
-Tightening of abdominal muscles only in endoscopic tummy tuck
- Finally incisions are closed with stitches.
How long does tummy tuck surgery take?
- Tummy tuck surgery usually takes between two and six hours to complete.
- Depending on the extent of surgery, you are asked to stay in the hospital for 1 day in case of tummy tuck and 1-2 days in case you have had abdominoplasty.
- Since each person and each tummy tuck procedure are unique, it is important that patients closely follow the surgeon’s specific instructions for recovery.
What expectations can I have from the tummy tuck surgery?
- You have to be realistic in your expectations.
- To maintain the outcomes of tummy tuck surgery you will be required to follow proper healthy diet and exercise regimen to maintain the results.
What happens in the recovery period?
- Initially your may experience that your abdomen gets swelled up for the first few days, but medications control the pain. Apply cool compresses to reduce swelling and discomfort.
- Try to avoid rubbing the incisions and keep them clean and dry.
- Placing a couple of pillows behind your knees in order to keep them bent will reduce the tension in your abdominal muscles.
- You may feel discomfort while standing up straight away, although you should start walking about as soon as possible as this will steer the healing process.
- The stitches are removed in 10-14 days.
- You will be advised to wear a comfortable support garment for six weeks
- You are going to have follow-up visits in the months after surgery to check on your progress.
What is the abdominoplasty surgery recovery time?
- The recovery depends on each individual patient.
- Some return to work after only two weeks while others take three or four weeks.
- You can usually expect to be back to full activity after six weeks.
- Heavy lifting or strenuous activity is not advised in the first 6 weeks after the surgery.
- Moderate exercise such as walking or swimming is recommended until this time.
What is the cost of Abdominoplasty Surgery?
The exact cost can only be quoted after examination of the patient during the initial consultation. If you could send us the pictures of the sites you wish to get the treatment on, we will be glad to give you the approximate quote. You can e-mail pictures by going on the Contact Us page on the site and here you will enter other information and attach pictures.
Contact Dr. Syed Arif Hussain For free Consultation
Dr. Syed Arif Hussain and his team at Aesthetic Shapes Karachi, Pakistan, would be happy to have you contact us to discuss your individual needs and answer any queries that you may have about the abdominoplasty procedure. You can also make a free Skype call on his Skype ID: arifhussain72 and talk directly with Dr. Syed Arif Hussain, to inquire about the procedure at length with respect to your specific needs.