Ear Surgery in Karachi, Pakistan
Ear correction surgery or pinning of the ears is medically known as otoplasty or pinnaplasty. This is a cosmetic procedure to help people who consider their ears to be too prominent. The condition is sometimes referred to as bat ears. Ear correction surgery or ear reshaping may be desired by people of all ages, and can be suitable for children from around the age of 5 through to adults. In many cases, the size, shape and lie of the ears are inherited, and a trend can be apparent across other family members. Ear correction surgery or ear reduction may be desired by people with prominent ears that lack a normal fold, or when one ear is more prominent than the other. In addition to its aesthetic benefits, ear correction surgery can also boost self-confidence, eliminate possible bullying and teasing and so have a positive effect on a patient’s life.
Luckily, ear surgery at Aesthetic Shapes, Karachi, Pakistan will release you from all such troubles. Ear surgery can greatly improve the shape, proportion and placement of the ear. It can correct birth defects in the ear structure that become obvious with age. It is also a corrective surgery for defects caused by trauma.
What Does Otoplasty Ear Surgery Involve?
- Ear correction surgery, or otoplasty, is a simple operation which adjusts the shape of the ear’s cartilage to allow the ear to lie closer to the side of the head
- The operation is usually carried out with local anesthetic, although general anesthetic is an option for children or more nervous patients
- During ear correction surgery an incision is made behind the ear
- The cartilage is then re-shaped; any excess is removed and then sutured into a more normal position
- An ear correction surgery procedure takes about 30 minutes
- Following the operation, the small scars are hidden behind the ears and are not noticeable
- Patients having ear correction surgery under local anesthetic feel no pain and are able to go home shortly after surgery
- Occasionally patients may prefer, or be advised to stay in the hospital overnight thus giving time for all the effects of general anesthetic to wear off if this type of anesthetic has been used
Ear Surgery Candidates
Ear surgery may be a perfect option for you if:
- Your ears are either too large or too small
- Your ears are disproportionate to your head or are not positioned correctly
- Some injury has affected the shape of your ears
- You are non-smoker
- You have good general health
- You have realistic expectations regarding the outcome of surgery
- You are unhappy with the appearance of your ears
- Your ears are sticking out too far from your head
Ear Correction Surgery Questions
What’s The Best Age To Get Child’s Ears Pinned?
Children’s ears carry on growing until around the age of 5, corrective surgery may not be considered until the ears are of full size and developed. Your child’s emotional state needs to also be considered; bullying and teasing at school can be very upsetting and it is best they fully understand why the procedure is being carried out and they can see that ear correction will be a benefit.
How Much Time Will I Need Off Work Or School With Ear Surgery?
Most patients will take one week off work following ear surgery.
Is Otoplasty a painful Surgery?
Ear correction surgery is a relatively minor procedure and although the ears may be slightly numb following surgery, the operation is relatively painless.
Ear Pinning Operation in Karachi, Pakistan
- An incision is made at the back of the ear, so that scars are not visible
- The cartilage is then re-shaped, to make the appearance of the ears as natural as possible
- Ear pinning surgery (ear correction) is performed in an operation theatre
- In most cases, this outpatient procedure, lasting one hour, is carried out under local anaesthetic
- The most common procedures for prominent ears are correction and wide or deformed lobe correction.
Post-Operational Care – Ear Pinning (Otoplasty)
- Usually we apply a dressing, which is designed to fit perfectly over the whole ear
- This dressing remains in place for 10 days. Once removed, we recommend to use an elastic headband during the night for the next 1–2 weeks, to prevent holding the ears forward during sleep
- This headband is included in the price of cosmetic surgery
- There may be slight discomfort and reddening of the ear, but this will disappear within 24–48 hours of the operation
- You can join sport activities and get back to full physical work in 2–3 months after the surgery
- You have to be very careful especially with the sport activities, because ball shot or a vehement wrench of ears at close contact can affect the surgery effect
- In the 3 months after the surgery it is not advised to sunbathe, due to the process in the operating areas
- Some of the cells involved in this process absorb pigment and this way some areas could be hyper pigmented
Recovery Following Ear Correction Surgery
- The patient’s head will usually be bandaged immediately following surgery for protection and to promote the best support and healing position for the ears
- The ears may be slightly red, sore, or bruised following your ear correction surgery
- Any mild discomfort should last a couple of days and can be treated with painkillers as directed by your consultant
- Following the operation you will be required to rest and avoid strenuous activities for at least a couple of weeks
- It is important that you follow your surgeon’s advice and direction for physical activity, especially contact sports where the ears might be bent like rugby or boxing
- Hair washing can usually return to normal after 1 week, once the bandages are removed
- You may need to go back to the hospital for a post op check-up and to have your head dressing or stitches removed
- Stitches will either be dissolvable or will be removed after about a weeks’ time
- Adult patients can normally go back to work about one week after surgery depending on the type of job they do
- Children having the surgery can be ready to go back to school around seven days
- They will however need to be careful with playground and gym/PE activities so it may be a good idea to inform school of the surgery and after care procedure
How Will I Feel After The Ear Pinning (Otoplasty)?
- You will probably feel tired, sleepy and suffer from pain especially in 1–2 days after the surgery
- You might also feel unhappy after a few days
- This is normal and is caused due to the stress, lack of patience with the healing problems, more pain than you expected
Is The Ear Pinning Recovery Painful?
- According to our client’s experience adults can suffer from a pain, especially the first 2 days after the surgery
- However, when you will be leaving the clinic you will be given painkillers by the surgeon
- You will probably feel discomfort, swelling, and numbness in the areas where surgery was performed
Possible Risks And Complications – Ear Pinning/Otoplasty
- The specific risks and the suitability of otoplasty for a given individual can be determined only at the time of consultation
- All surgical procedures have some degree of risk
- Minor complications that do not affect the outcome occur occasionally
- Major complications are rare
Free Initial Consultation by Dr. Syed Arif Hussain
The results of ear surgery in the form of natural looking, proportional ears and improved balance of ears and face becomes visible immediately after surgery. Ear surgeries are being done successfully around the world.
Pakistan is not behind in spawning qualified professionals, and ear surgery is also expertly carried out by Dr. Syed Arif Hussain in his clinic Aesthetic Shapes in Karachi Pakistan. Karachi, being the largest metropolitan city is the real hub of such type of cosmetic procedures, and at Aesthetic Shapes Karachi, you get the opportunity to meet our experts for a free Skype call for initial consultation.
Disclaimer: Individual results may vary